quarta-feira, 24 de outubro de 2007

Vergonhosa natureza

O excelente Thomas Mann também percebia bem os entraves que um certo tipo de sentimento religioso pode pôr ao estudo da Natureza. Em "Doutor Fausto", faz o narrador, Serenus Zeitblom, dizer:

"(...) sempre compreendi muito bem tal desconfiança que uma época religiosa, espiritualista, nutria contra a incipiente paixão de explorar os segredos da Natureza. O temor a Deus devia interpretá-la como um intromissão libertina em campos proibidos, não obstante a contradição que se pode descobrir no facto de se considerar como territótrio moralmente indecoroso a Criação divina, a natureza e a Vida. A própria natureza está demasiado cheia de produtos vexatoriamente inseridos na bruxaria, de caprichos ambíguos, de alusões semiveladas, que de modo singular apontam para um mundo incerto, para que os devotos, na sua púdica moderação, não devam reputar de transgressão temarária a preocupação em relação a ela."

Conseguir expressar o seu ponto de vista de forma tão elegante e convincente... é o sonho de qualquer um, não?

P.S.- Pedro, respondi às tuas dúvidas sobre o post do esfenóide, nos comentários.

6 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Luis and Pedro,

I tried to make my computer translate your text, for I am really interested in you vieuws on Evolution, religion and the fairness of it all. (Nothing is fair, not even Death.) But as I wrote elsewhere, the results of the translation are less than satasfactory. There is no other solution: I have to learn Portuguese now, or better yet... find a hot Brazilean babe with a nice pair of brains who can translate it for me and mixing up a good caipirinha at the same time. So sorry my comments are so off topic and childish. I can say things a little more profound about evolution, but it would be shooting in the dark if I can't read what you have written. Greetings to all of you "Evoligionists"

Martijn

pedro disse...

Dear Martijn

Your coments on evolution, which I had time to hear a few years ago, were very much similar to ours. Our views on evolution are not dogmatic at all and therefore if you wish to express something about the topic that concerns you deeply feel free to write it down and mail it to me, I'll be glad to publish them here.

Hug

pedro disse...

Dear Martijn

Your coments on evolution, which I had time to hear a few years ago, were very much similar to ours. Our views on evolution are not dogmatic at all and therefore if you wish to express something about the topic that concerns you deeply feel free to write it down and mail it to me, I'll be glad to publish them here.

Hug

Anónimo disse...

If evolution proves us one thing, then it is: be productive! Be alive. Write... do. DO! Evolution is everywhere. Unproductive animals go extinct, unsuccesful politics vanish, altruistic companies go bankrupt and weblogs that stay still never get read. It's sad, but the truth. Come on Luis and Pedro, keep writing and spread the word of your blog, otherwise it'll follow the path of T. rex, communism and Indian motor bikes. Spread your words.

Martijn

Anónimo disse...

Martijn again here. Hey amigoe Pedro, hey Luis. The only word I understand of the posting is Thomas Mann. Now, I have to say I tried to read his novel Die Blechtrommel (The tin drum) this summer, but got stuck half-way down the thing. It is not a bad book, quite a good book even, but it drags on and on and on. IT has everything I could possibly want in a book: nazi's, a young man with an original dirty, evil mind and supernational goings-on, but still. I have never struggled more with any book, with the exception of Moby Dick, but I already knew how that one ended.

What does the P.S. mean? Something like "Pedro answer the good people who try to comment" ? Anyway a salute to the both of you!

pedro disse...

Hey dear Martinho!

Don't destin comunism to an evolutionary dead-end. Cause the reason why I didn't post anything earlier actually has a capitalist explanation. The internet service was cut here at home because we lack payment last month, although I don't have any income we still have to pay for commodoties which are profit driven in a market that working free places most of the pressure on users, who pay more for the less service they get.

I wonder if let loose the market only to market forces wouldn't crush the big companies on a blink. As far as I can see the capitalist system is sustained by military power pointed against the forces that threaten the big companies. In order to have such back up, you don't have to be many, as you may think in a democratic system but only to have the money to buy such. And so people don't matter, only the greens bills have their say.

Free market world wide is not a and evolutionary tendency but only a growth strategy of big companies to profit on new markets, such as developing countries. But one thing I must say, don't get relaxed to think that growing forever is just impossible because you evolutionist just know that is, and wait to see the free market collapse. That can not happen as soon as you wished so because, an d here is the example, the same mistake was done with oil.

As a root of many problems you just awaited to run-off and so that could became a force for new clean and free sources of energy for everyone. By just stepping out and wait to see it being burnt to its last drop, left the problem with the oil companies which came out with and engenious solution which is to produce oil insted of trying to find it and that we call biodiesel. So don't be so sure and relaxed, if you want to see it collapsing you must work towards so.

P.s. means post-scriptum, post written in latin.